Quartz is a manmade product that is increasing in popularity because of the wide range of colors that it offers. It typically has a soft sheen and has many of the featured qualities of stone.
Quick facts about quartz:
- Cutting on Quartz can have the possibility of scratching it.
- Heat shock: While Quartz can resists scorching up to 400 degrees, it cannot take heat shock from hot pots and pans.
- Quartz should not be exposed to longterm direct sunlight.
- Quartz does not require sealing.
- Do not clean quartz countertops with vinegar or lemon as these are acids and can potentially etch quartz and natural stone.